Sunday, September 29, 2013

Goodies from the Peter's Valley Craft Fair

Being a native of Sussex County, NJ, it's a wonder that I've never been to this craft fair before.  Peter's Valley Craft Center is a non-profit art center offering classes and workshops for both adults and children in a variety of mediums including ceramics, jewelry, photography and glass. Located near the Delaware Water Gap in Layton, NJ, attendees can even stay on the grounds of this beautiful rural area while they take longer workshops.  The annual craft fair is held at the Sussex County Fair Grounds because it's so large, and I was blown away by the quality and quantity of work.

The majority of goods there were pottery, jewelry, knits, and photography, with a few others crafts thrown in there.  Though I couldn't take photos at the event, I did restrain myself to buying a few things.

This first one is an adorable plate from Natures Nest Pottery, featuring Russian nesting dolls, that I went loco for and had to have.


Gorgeous colors

Awesome detailing
I picked up a few of these whimsical brass ornaments from Aurna Enterprises.  They have a zillion and there all adorbs.

Verdigris finish like the Statue of Liberty


And lastly, one of these beautiful leaf bowls from The Clay Cellar pottery.  I can't reveal which one, since it's a gift for someone who reads this blog!

Image via theclaycellarpottery.com

Be sure to mark your calendar for next years fair! Until then, check out a few more of my favorites from the show.

Diarama-esque shadow boxes from Working Birds Studio
Everything from the artists at the Potters' Guild of New Jersey
Lawn decor from Iron Art Studio
Gorgeous stones in the jewelry of Hudson Valley Goldsmith
  

No comments:

Post a Comment